Unfortunately, we are no longer able to find sponsors who will support the Chapter's Annual Event meeting
room; therefore, $20 will be charged to register for the 2017 Event, $30 after March 20.
On Friday, March 31, event registrants will be able enjoy a morning Hummingbird Photo Safari with Brent Paull, 7:30 to 11:30am, maximum 10, $45.00 (usually $90.00), details and payment to Brent. A waiting list will be kept when the trip is sold out. GALLERY
• Lunch: Three restaurants are within walking distance of the hotel (map): McDonalds, Carl's Jr., and El Pollo Loco. Participants can bring their lunch back to the Hampton Inn back patio/pool area where they can socialize. Food cannot to be brought into the meeting room.
• Brent Paull: "Wildlife Photography in the American West"
• Sandy Zelasko: "Photographing the South Dakota Badlands"
Hampton Inn & Suites (805) 389-9898
50 W Daily Drive, Camarillo, CA 93010
• Driving Directions, GPS Location: 34°13'14.12"N 119°04'15.67"W
Photo Walk-Abouts: (Must sign-up for Walk-Abouts when registering for the 2017 Event and bring signed PSA Indemnity Form for each Walk-About)
Friday, March 31
• "Vintage Planes," Camarillo Airport, Sandy Zelasko, No Maximum, $10 donation to museum, 9:30am check-in, 10:00am to noon GALLERY
• "Exploring Macro," Conejo Valley Botanic Garden, Roy Patience, No Maximum, 12:30pm check-in, 1:00 to 3:00pm GALLERY
• "San Buenaventura Mission," Sandy Zelasko, Maximum 25, Senior 65+ $3, Adult $4 admission, 1:30pm check-in, 2:00 to 4:00pm GALLERY
• "Street Photography," Downtown Ventura, Nancy Lehrer, Maximum 20, 2:00pm check-in, 2:30 to 4:30PM GALLERY
• "Shoreline Bird Life," Ventura Harbor, Brent Paull, Maximum 15, check-in 2:30pm, 3:00 to 5:00pm GALLERY
• "Night Street Photography," Downtown Ventura, Nancy Lehrer, Maximum 20, 5:30pm check-in, 6:00 to 8:00pm. GALLERY
Sunday, April 2
• "Santa Cruz Island Tour/Cruise," Island Packers Cruises, Sandy Zelasko, No Max, Senior 55+ $54, check-in 8:00am, 9:00am to 4:30pm. GALLERY
Area Hotels & Motels:
Arrangements have been made with the Hampton Inn & Suites for a block of rooms for March 31 and April 1 (a Saturday night stay requires a two-night reservation). The Standard King Bed Room with hot breakfast is $179.00 plus tax and the Standard Queen Beds Room with hot breakfast is $189.00 plus tax. These rooms are usually $189.00 and 204.00 respectively, at this high tourist time. To reserve a room at this reduced rate, click here. Lower rates at the Hampton Inn may be available through hotel comparison sites (e.g., Hotels.com, Booking.com).
Also check out the rates and amenities at the following area motels:
• Good Nite Inn, 1100 Ventura Blvd., Camarillo, CA 93010; 805-388-5644
• Best Western Camarillo Inn, 295 E Daily Drive, Camarillo, CA 93010; 805-987-4991
• Motel 6 Camarillo, 1641 E Daily Drive, Camarillo, CA 93010; 805-388-3467
• Bella Capri Inn, 2050 E Ventura Blvd., Camarillo, CA 93010; 805-482-0777
• Holiday Inn Express & Suites Camarillo, 4444 Central Avenue, Camarillo, CA 93010; 805-485-3999
• Mission San Buenaventura: Founded on Easter Sunday, March 31, 1782, San Buenaventura Mission is the ninth and last mission consecrated by Saint Junipero Serra. General Admission (Mission, Museum, Garden, and Historic Sites): Senior 65+ $3.00. San Buenaventura Mission, 225 E. Main Street, Ventura, CA; 805-648-4496.
• Ronald Reagan Presidential Library: The Museum is designed for self guided activities; allow 2.5 to 3 hours to view all the galleries and exhibits; the Museum and grounds are wheelchair accessible except for the interior of Air Force One; Hours: 10 am to 5 pm seven days a week; Admission: Adult $16.00, Senior 62+ $13.00; purchase tickets here; parking is free; 40 Presidential Drive, Simi Valley, CA 93065; 800-410-8354.
• Camarillo Premium Outlets: Daily 10:00am to 9:00pm; 740 Ventura Blvd, Camarillo, CA 93010; exit Ventura Fwy (101) at Las Posas Road;
• Point Mugu State Park: The park may be accessed from the eastern part of the Santa Monica Mountains from a National Park Service park, Rancho Sierra Vista in Newbury Park, CA that includes the Satwiwa Native American Indian Culture Center. There is a fee-based parking lot that is open from 8 AM to 10 PM.
2017 Photography Event - Saturday, April 1, 2017
Copyright © - Southern California Roundup Chapter of PSA - All rights reserved Webmaster
All copyrights in all posted images accessible through this website remain vested with the original makers (authors) of the images. All use, copying, reproducing, or republishing in any form without permission of the maker is prohibited.
Southern California Roundup Chapter of PSA
EDUCATING AND CONNECTING PEOPLE THROUGH PHOTOGRAPHY