Unfortunately, we are no longer able to find sponsors who will support the Chapter’s Annual Event
meeting room; therefore, $20 will be charged to register for the 2018 Event, $30 after February 28.
On Friday, March 9, event registrants will be able enjoy an afternoon iPhone Photography Workshop with Charles Needle, 1:00 to 5:00pm, maximum 30, $XX.00 (usually $XX.00), details and payment to Charles. A waiting list will be kept when the workshop is sold out.
• Lunch: A Food Truck has been arranged to park outside the Ecke Building where participants can purchase a variety of lunch items (menu) and eat their lunch in the shaded back patio of the Ecke Building where tables will be setup and they can socialize. Some chairs will need to be brought to the patio and returned to the room for the afternoon sessions. Food cannot to be brought into the meeting room.
• Charles Needle: "Impressionistic Photography: How to Use Your Camera as a Paintbrush"
• Nancy Lehrer: "Street Photography: More than Awkward Moments in B&W"
San Diego Botanic Garden, 230 Quail Gardens Drive, Encinitas, CA 92024, (706) 436-3036,
Photo Walks: Must sign-up for Photo Walks when registering for the 2018 Event and bring
a signed PSA Indemnity Form for each Walk-About.
Friday, March 9
• "San Diego Botanic Garden," Encinitas, Charles Needle, Maximum 10, Admission: Adults TBA, Seniors 60+ TBA, 9am check-in, 9:30am-11:00am.
• "Carlsbad Flower Fields," Carlsbad Ranch, TBA, Maximum 12, Admission: Adults $14, Seniors 60+ $13, 9:30am check-in, 10:00am to
12:00 noon. Participants can remain in the flower fields after the Walk-About.
• "Carlsbad Flower Fields," Carlsbad Ranch, TBA, Maximum 12, Admission: Adults $14, Seniors 60+ $13, 1:00pm check-in, 1:30pm to
3:30pm. Participants can arrive before the Walk-About and meet for the check-in.
• "Mission San Louis Rey Gardens, Fountains, & Statues," Sandy Zelasko, Maximum 20, Admission: Sr 65+ $5.00, 1:00pm check-in, 1:30 to 3:30pm
• "Street Photography," Lucadia, Nancy Lehrer, Maximum 20, 1:00pm check-in, 1:30 to 3:30pm
• "Shoreline Bird Life," TBA, TBA, Maximum 15, check-in 2:30pm, 3:00 to 5:00pm
• “Sunset at Oceanside Pier,” Oceanside, Luci Dumas, No Maximum, check-in 4:15pm, 4:30 sharp to 6:30pm, sunset 5:52.
Sunday, March 11
• "San Diego Zoo Safrai Park," Escondido, CA, TBA, Maximum 6, Admission to Park: Adult $54, check-in 8:30am, 9:00am to 1:00pm.
Participants can remain in the Safari Park after the Walk-About.
Arrangements have been made with the Days Inn, 133 Encinitas Blvd, Encinitas, CA 92024; 855-213-05582, for a block of rooms for March 9 and/or 10. The Two Queen Beds Room with continental breakfast is $84.00 plus tax (10.4%). These rooms are usually $118.00 plus tax, at this high tourist time. To reserve a room at this reduced rate call: 760-944-0260 and reference “PSA.” Lower rates at the Days Inn are not available through hotel comparison sites (e.g., Hotels.com, Expedia.com). This Days Inn is 0.9 mi from event location and there is a Denny’s in the parking lot.
• San Diego Zoo Safari Park: San Diego Zoo Global is a nonprofit organization committed to saving species worldwide by uniting their expertise in animal care and conservation science with their dedication to inspiring a passion for nature. March Hours 9am to 5pm; Admission: Adult 1-Day Pass $52.00, 2-Day Pass $83.25; 15500 San Pasqual Valley Road, Escondido, CA 92027; 23 miles from SD Botanic Garden.
• Mission San Luis Rey: Founded in 1798, it is known as the “King of the Missions” and a National Historic Landmark. The largest of all the 21 California missions, and is open daily to the public. General Admission (Mission, Museum, Garden, Cemetery, statues and fountains): Senior 65+ $5.00; Old Mission San Luis Rey, 4050 Mission Avenue, Oceanside, CA 92057; 760-757-3651; 17.7 miles from SD Botanic Garden.
• Self-Realization Fellowship and Meditation Gardens: Internationally renowned gardens offer a diversity of colorful plants, meditation nooks, koi ponds, and spectacular ocean vistas; Hours: 9am to 5pm Tuesday to Saturday; 11am to 5pm Sunday. Admission: Free; parking is free; 215 W. K Street (between 2nd and 3rd Streets), Encinitas, CA 93065; 760-436-7220; 2.2 Miles from SD Botanic Garden.
2018 Photography Event – Saturday, March 10, 2018
Southern California Roundup Chapter of PSA
EDUCATING AND CONNECTING PEOPLE THROUGH PHOTOGRAPHY
January 2, 2018
Copyright © - Southern California Roundup Chapter of PSA - All rights reserved Webmaster
All copyrights in all posted images accessible through this website remain vested with the original makers (authors) of the images. All use, copying, reproducing, or republishing in any form without permission of the maker is prohibited.