Southern California Roundup Chapter of PSA
EDUCATING AND CONNECTING PEOPLE THROUGH PHOTOGRAPHY
Unfortunately, we are no longer able to find sponsors who will support the Chapter’s Annual Event
meeting room; therefore, $20 will be charged to register for the 2018 Event, $30 after February 28.
On Friday, March 9, event registrants will be able to enjoy an afternoon Smartphone Photography Workshop with Charles Needle, 1:00 to
4:00pm, maximum 30, $60.00 (usually $100.00), details and payment to Charles. Participants can practice the techniques and concepts learned in the workshop outside the Ecke Building from 4:00 to 5:00pm. Attendees cannot take the Mission San Luis Rey or Lagoon Birds Photo Walks.
• Lunch: Participants can purchase boxed lunches in the morning that will be delivered for lunch time. The shaded outside patio area of the Ecke Building will be set-up with tables and chairs for participants to eat lunch and socialize. Some chairs will need to be brought to the patio and returned to the room for the afternoon sessions. Food cannot be brought into meeting room.
• Charles Needle: "Impressionistic Photography: How to Use Your Camera as a Paintbrush"
• Nancy Lehrer: "Street Photography: More than Awkward Moments in B&W"
Ecke Building, San Diego Botanic Garden, 230 Quail Gardens Drive, Encinitas, CA 92024,
Photograph in the San Diego Botanic Garden:
There will be no charge for registrants of the PSA SoCal Chapter Photo Event to park or enter the Garden on Friday, March 9, 9:00am to 5:00pm. Admission is usually $14 for adults, $10 for seniors, and parking is $2. Event registrants need to let the attendant know they are with the PSA Group and can they can park, enter, and photograph at any time on Friday.
Photo Walks: Must sign-up for Photo Walks when registering for the 2018 Event and bring a signed PSA Indemnity Form for each Walk-About.
Friday, March 9
remain at the Ranch after the Photo Walk.
12:00 noon. Participants can remain in the flower fields after the Photo-Walk.
• * Mission San Luis Rey Gardens, Fountains, & Statues, Sandy Zelasko, Maximum 20, Admission: Sr 65+ $5.00, 1:00pm check-in, 1:30 to 3:30pm
• * Lagoon Birds, Batiquitos Lagoon, Barbara Swanson, Maximum 12, Admission: CA Land Day Pass ($4.32), 2:30pm check-in, 3:00 to 5:00pm
• Sunset at Oceanside Pier, Oceanside,CA, Carl Morrison, No Maximum, parking fee, check-in 4:15pm, 4:30 sharp to 6:30pm, sunset 5:52.
Sunday, March 11
• CLOSED San Diego Zoo Safari Park, Escondido, CA, Jeff Booher, Maximum 14, Admission to Park: Adult $54, check-in 8:30am, 9:00am to 1:00pm.
Participants can remain in the Safari Park after the Photo Walk.
Saturday Evening Get-Together:
Arrangements have been made for a private room, upstairs at Pandora Pizza, 828 N Coast Highway, Suite G, Encinitas, CA, at 5:30pm on Saturday, March 10, for our group to get-together to socialize and enjoy drinks and/or dinner. Everyone pays for their own food. Arrive early as Happy Hour prices for drinks, appetizers, and pizza are in effect until 6:00pm. Order your drinks and/or food downstairs when you arrive. You can open a tab using a credit card. This Restaurant is 2.1 miles from event location. Menu - Photos of Room - Driving Directions
Arrangements have been made with the Days Inn, 133 Encinitas Blvd, Encinitas, CA 92024; for a block of rooms for March 9, although the hotel will honor the discounted rate for up to three days prior to or after the 9th. The Single Queen Bed Room with continental breakfast is $64.00 plus tax (10.3%) and the two Queen Beds Room with continental breakfast is $74.00 plus tax (10.3%). These rooms are usually $84.00 and $94.00 plus tax respectively, at this high tourist time. Cut-off for this rate is February 9, 2018 and you must cancel 72 hours before arrival to avoid a penalty of one night room rate plus tax.
To reserve a room under the discounted-room block call the hotel directly: 760-944-0260, and inform the front desk agent that you are making a reservation with the “PSA Group.” Lower rates at the Days Inn are not available through hotel comparison sites (e.g., Hotels.com, Expedia.com). This Days Inn is 0.6 miles from the Event location, the San Diego Botanic Garden; and 1.5 miles from the Saturday Get-Together location.
2018 Photography Event – Saturday, March 10, 2018
Copyright © - Southern California Roundup Chapter of PSA - All rights reserved Webmaster
All copyrights in all posted images accessible through this website remain vested with the original makers (authors) of the images. All use, copying, reproducing, or republishing in any form without permission of the maker is prohibited.