On Friday, March 27, Event registrants will be able to participate in an afternoon hands-on, “Creativity with Topaz” Workshop with Hazel Meredith at the Hilton Garden Inn-Palmdale, 1pm to 5pm, minimum 4, maximum 20, $79.00 (usually $129.00), details and payment to Hazel.
•Attendees cannot take the Tropico Gold Mine Photo Walk.
menu of Deli sandwiches, salads, pizza, and pasta is available for purchase. There is also an “All You Can Eat” gourmet soup, salad, & homemade bread special for $12. The Hilton does not serve lunch and food cannot be brought into the Meeting Room.
• Hazel Meredith: “HDR: The Natural Look” & “Textures: Turn Ho-Hum into a Work of Art”
• Sandi Wheaton: "How Route 66 Transformed me from Corporate Stiff to Globetrotting Photographer"
Hilton Garden Inn, 1309 W. Rancho Vista Blvd, Palmdale, California, 93551; (661) 998-2000;
Photo Walks: Must sign-up for photo walks when registering for the 2020 Event: PSA Indemnity Form
Friday, March 27
• Antelope Valley Poppy Fields: Photo Gallery
Sunday, March 29
• Randsburg Living Ghost Town; Randsburg, CA; Parking: Free; Admission: Free; ; Opens 9:00am, Closes 5:00pm; no Registration or Indemnity Form required; Photo Gallery; Driving Directions, 1 hour 10 minutes, 75 miles.
Saturday Evening Get-Together:
• Arrangements have been made for a private room at Fresco II, 1311 N. Rancho Vista Blvd., Palmdale, CA beginning at 5:15pm on Saturday, March 28, for our group to get-together to socialize and enjoy a beverage, appetizer, or dinner. Everyone pays for their own food. This restaurant is a short walk out the front door of the Hilton Garden Inn across a driveway to Fresco II. Menu - Photos of Fresco II
• Arrangements have been made with the Hilton Garden Inn-Palmdale, 1309 West Rancho Vista Blvd., Palmdale, CA 93551; for a block of rooms on March 27 and 28. The Non-Smoking King Bed Room or the Two Queen Bed Room is $100.00 plus tax (10%) for Friday or Saturday. These rooms are usually $205.00 plus tax. A made-to-order breakfast can be purchased in the hotel’s Restaurant from 7:00 to 11:00am on the weekend. This special rate also applies to reservations for Thursday and Sunday. To reserve a room with this discount call the hotel directly: 661-998-2000, and say that you are making a reservation with the “PSA Southern CA Chapter Group Block.” The Group Block Code is “PSA.” Reservations must be made by March 6, 2020 when the Group Block unused rooms will be released for other customers. This Hilton is where the Friday afternoon Workshop and Saturday Meeting will take place.
Area Photo Opportunities:
• Vasquez Rocks Natural Area Park is located in the town of Agua Dulce, between Santa Clarita and Palmdale. Vasquez Rocks has been used in numerous movies, TV shows, and commercials. Open from sunrise to sunset. Photos, Driving Directions.
• Devil's Punchbowl (Angeles National Forest) south of Pearblossom Highway (CA 138) near Littlerock and Pearblossom. Open from sunrise to sunset. Photos, Driving Directions.
• Red Rock Canyon State Park; scenic desert cliffs, buttes, & spectacular rock formations. Open sunrise to sunset. Photos, Driving Directions.
• Antelope Valley Indian Museum: State Historic Park; 15701 East Avenue M (between East 150th & 170th Streets), Lancaster, CA 93535; open Saturday & Sunday, 11:00am to 4:00pm; Adult Admission $3; Photo Gallery; Driving Directions.
• Saint Andrew's Abbey, Benedictine Monastery, Valyermo, CA; Handmade Ceramics Showroom open 10-11:30am and 1:30-4pm, Monday through Friday; Direct Line 888-454-5411 or 661-350-4805; Gallery; Driving Directions.
Copyright © - Southern California Roundup Chapter of PSA - All rights reserved Webmaster
All copyrights in all posted images accessible through this website remain vested with the original makers (authors) of the images. All use, copying, reproducing, or republishing in any form without permission of the maker is prohibited.
2020 Photography Event – Saturday, March 28, 2020
Southern California Roundup Chapter of PSA
EDUCATING AND CONNECTING PEOPLE THROUGH PHOTOGRAPHY
will open after
January 2, 2020