Older NewsCopyright © - Southern California Roundup Chapter of PSA - All rights reserved Webmaster
All copyrights in all posted images accessible through this website remain vested with the original makers (authors) of the images. All use, copying, reproducing, or republishing in any form without permission of the maker is prohibited.
PSA Southern California Chapter
EDUCATING AND CONNECTING PEOPLE THROUGH PHOTOGRAPHY
PSA Membership Number needed
2019 Photography Event – Saturday, March 16, 2019
There is a $20 registration fee for the 2019 Event. No refunds after February 28.
Registration closed March 12.
Special Opportunity at Image One Camera:
If you have time before the doors to the Arlington Library open at 10:00am on Saturday, March 16, Image One Camera (10495 Magnolia, next door to the Days Inn) is offering 10% off most accessories on the sales floor. Additionally, if anyone would like to rent a lens for Sunday at the Orange Empire Railroad Museum, Image One is offering 20% off lens rentals.
• Lunch: Participants can purchase lunch when registering for the Event online. No lunch orders will be taken after registration
closes. Panera Bread will deliver a lunch of half a sandwich, a salad, a bag of chips, and a cookie (lunch description). The Panera
lunch, tax, delivery charge, PayPal fee, and a can of Diet Coke or a bottle of water will cost $10.00.
• Laurent Martres: "Capturing the essence of the American Southwest:
Themes & Techniques”
• Joseph Rossbach: "Landscape Composition Guidelines" & "Post-Processing
Techniques & Concepts”
The Arlington Library, 9556 Magnolia Avenue, Riverside, CA 92503;
(951) 826-2291; The Arlington Library Photo Gallery, Driving Directions
Photo Walks: Must sign-up for photo walks when registering for the 2019 Event and bring signed PSA Indemnity Form for each Photo Walk.
Friday, March 15
• Tio's Tacos AM: Deborah Seibly; recycled-materials sculptures; Maximum 15; Admission: Free, donation: purchase lunch after; check-in 9:45am, 10:00-11:30am, lunch. Gallery
• Tio's Taco PM: Deborah Seibly; recycled-materials sculptures; Maximum 15; Admission: Free, donation: purchase lunch before; 12 noon lunch, check-in 1:00pm, 1:15-2:30pm. Gallery
• Studio Workshop with Models; Image One; Ralph Mendez; Maximum 10 per session, Maximum one session; Session 1: 9:00-10:30am,
Session 2: 11:00am-12:30pm, Session 3: 1:00-2:30pm; no Indemnity Form required. Gallery
• CLOSED UC Riverside Botanic Gardens; Nancy Speaker, QPSA and Paul Speaker, PPSA; Maximum 8; Admission: Free, Suggested Donation: $5.00, Parking 4.00/2 hours; check-in 1:45pm, 2:00-4:00pm; optional lunch with leaders at Applebee's at 12:30pm. Gallery
• CLOSED Mission Inn Exterior; Mary Ann Ponder; Maximum 12; Admission: Free; check-in 5:15pm, 5:30-7:30pm. Gallery
• UCR ARTS: California Museum of Photography; "In the Sunshine of Neglect;" Douglas McCulloh, Curator; Maximum 20; Admission: Free, Parking: City of Riverside Garage 1, 3727-3767 Orange Street, Riverside, CA 92501, 90 minutes free, additional 30 minutes $1.00; 12:30-1:30pm; participants may remain in the museum until 5:00pm; no Indemnity Form required. Museum Parking Map Gallery
Sunday, March 17
• Orange Empire Railroad Museum: Perris, CA; Carl Morrison; Parking: Free; Admission: Free; All-day pass to ride Trains & Trolleys: $12.00; Opens 9:00am, Closes 5:00pm; no Registration or Indemnity Form required. Gallery
Saturday Evening Get-Together:
Arrangements have been made for a private room at the Denny's, 2955 Van Buren Blvd., Riverside, CA, beginning at 6:15pm on Saturday, March 16, for our group to get-together to socialize and enjoy a beverage, appetizer, or dinner. Everyone pays for their own food. This restaurant is 1.2 miles from the Arlington Library following one major street. Menu - Photos of Denny's - Driving Directions
• Arrangements have been made with the Days Inn by Wyndham, 10545 Magnolia Avenue, Riverside, CA 92503; for rooms on March 15 and/or 16. The Single Queen Bed Room with continental breakfast is $85.45 plus tax for Friday, and $70.15 plus tax for Saturday; and the two Queen Beds Room with continental breakfast is $103.45 plus tax for Friday, and $88.15 plus tax for Saturday. These rooms are usually $95.00 and $114.00 plus tax respectively. You must cancel 72 hours before arrival to avoid a penalty of one night room rate plus tax. To reserve a room with this discount call the hotel directly: 951-358-2808, and inform the front desk agent that you are making a reservation with the “PSA Group.” This Days Inn is 1.4 miles from the Arlington Library. Driving Directions.