Older NewsCopyright © - Southern California Roundup Chapter of PSA - All rights reserved Webmaster
All copyrights in all posted images accessible through this website remain vested with the original makers (authors) of the images. All use, copying, reproducing, or republishing in any form without permission of the maker is prohibited.
PSA Southern California Chapter
EDUCATING AND CONNECTING PEOPLE THROUGH PHOTOGRAPHY
2018 Photography Event – Saturday, March 10, 2018
Unfortunately, we are no longer able to find sponsors who will support the Chapter’s Annual Event meeting room;
therefore, it is $20 to register for the 2018 Event, $30 after March 5. No refund after February 9.
On Friday, March 9, event registrants will be able to enjoy an afternoon Smartphone Photography Workshop with Charles Needle, 1:00 to
4:00pm, maximum 30, $60.00 (usually $100.00), details and payment to Charles. Participants can practice the techniques and concepts learned in the workshop outside the Ecke Building from 4:00 to 5:00pm. Attendees cannot take the Mission San Luis Rey or Lagoon Birds Photo Walks.
• Schedule Attendees can sign-up for Charles Needle exclusive, reduced-rate Macro/Flower Workshop, June 9, 2018, Sherman Gardens,
Corona del Mar.
• Lunch: Participants can purchase Subway boxed lunches at the morning Check-in that will be delivered for lunch time. The Subway lunch, tax,
delivery charge, and a can of Diet Coke OR a bottle of water will cost $8.00. Have cash or a check made out to "PSA Southern California Roundup
Chapter" ready. Print and complete this Order Form.
• Charles Needle: "Impressionistic Photography: How to Use Your Camera as a Paintbrush"
• Nancy Lehrer: "Street Photography: More than Awkward Moments in B&W"
Ecke Building, San Diego Botanic Garden, 230 Quail Gardens Drive, Encinitas, CA 92024,
(706) 436-3036, Map of Garden, San Diego Botanic Garden Photo Gallery, Driving Directions
Photograph in the San Diego Botanic Garden:
There will be no charge for registrants of the PSA SoCal Chapter Photo Event to park or enter the Garden on Friday, March 9, 9:00am to 5:00pm. Admission is usually $14 for adults, $10 for seniors, and parking is $2. Event registrants need to let the attendant know they are with the PSA Group and can they can park, enter, and photograph at any time on Friday. GALLERY
Photo Walks: Must sign-up for Photo Walks when registering for the 2018 Event and bring a signed PSA Indemnity Form for each Walk-About.
Friday, March 9
• Leo Carrillo Ranch, Carlsbad, CA, Joyce Mate & Diane Peck, Maximum 8, Admission: Free, 9:00am check-in, 12:00 noon. GALLERY
• Carlsbad Flower Fields, Robin Stern, Participants can remain in the flower fields after the Photo-Walk. GALLERY
• * Mission San Luis Rey Gardens, Fountains, & Statues, Sandy Zelasko, Max 20, Admission: Sr 65+ $5.00, 1:00pm check-in, 1:30 to 3:30pm GALLERY
• * Lagoon Birds, Batiquitos Lagoon, Barbara Swanson, Maximum 12, Admission: free, 2:30pm check-in, 3:00 to 5:00pm. GALLERY
• Sunset at Oceanside Pier, Oceanside,CA, Carl Morrison & Luci Dumas, No Maximum, parking fee, 4:30 sharp to 6:30pm, sunset 5:52. GALLERY
Sunday, March 11
• CLOSED San Diego Zoo Safari Park, Escondido, CA, Jeff Booher, Maximum 14, Admission to Park: Adult $54, check-in 8:30am, 9:00am to 1:00pm.
Lunch: The Watering Hole at Kijamii Overlook Menu. Participants can remain in the Safari Park after the Photo Walk.
Saturday Evening Get-Together:
Arrangements have been made for a private room, upstairs at Pandora Pizza, 828 N Coast Highway, Suite G, Encinitas, CA, at 5:30pm on Saturday, March 10, for our group to get-together to socialize and enjoy drinks and/or dinner. Everyone pays for their own food. Arrive early as Happy Hour prices for drinks, appetizers, and pizza are in effect until 6:00pm. Order your drinks and/or food downstairs when you arrive. You can open a tab using a credit card. This Restaurant is 2.1 miles from event location. Menu - Photos of Room - Driving Directions
Arrangements have been made with the Days Inn, 133 Encinitas Blvd, Encinitas, CA 92024; for a block of rooms for March 9, although the hotel will honor the discounted rate for up to three days prior to or after the 9th. The Single Queen Bed Room with continental breakfast is $64.00 plus tax (10.3%) and the two Queen Beds Room with continental breakfast is $74.00 plus tax (10.3%). These rooms are usually $84.00 and $94.00 plus tax respectively, at this high tourist time. Cut-off for this rate is February 16, 2018 and you must cancel 72 hours before arrival to avoid a penalty of one night room rate plus tax.
To reserve a room under the discounted-room block call the hotel directly: 760-944-0260, and inform the front desk agent that you are making a reservation with the “PSA Group.” Lower rates at the Days Inn are not available through hotel comparison sites (e.g., Hotels.com, Expedia.com). This Days Inn is 0.6 miles from the Event location, the San Diego Botanic Garden; and 1.5 miles from the Saturday Get-Together location.