• Lunch: Lunch will be from 12 noon to 1:30pm. The Hilton Hotel is located in a Shopping Center with numerous restaurants
and fast food options. The Hilton does not serve lunch and food cannot be brought into the Meeting Room. The restaurant
across the driveway only serves dinner.
Hilton Garden Inn virtual tour, 1309 W. Rancho Vista Blvd, Palmdale, California, 93551; (661) 998-2000;
Photo Walks: PSA Indemnity Form
Friday, April 8
• Antelope Valley Poppy Fields: Self-guided drive around the Antelope Valley Photo Gallery.
Sunday, April 10
• Randsburg Living Ghost Town: Randsburg, CA; Self-guided visit, Parking: Free; Admission: Free; Opens 9:00am, Closes 5:00pm; no Registration or Indemnity Form required;Photo Gallery; Driving Directions, 1 hour 10 minutes, 75 miles.
Saturday Evening Get-Together:
• Arrangements have been made for an outdoor private patio with heaters at Fresco II, 1311 N. Rancho Vista Blvd., Palmdale, CA beginning at 5:30pm on Saturday, April 9, for our group to get-together to socialize and enjoy a beverage, appetizer, or dinner. Everyone pays for their own food. This restaurant is a short walk out the front door of the Hilton Garden Inn across a driveway to Fresco II. Menu - Photos of Fresco II
• Arrangements have been made with the Hilton Garden Inn-Palmdale, 1309 West Rancho Vista Blvd., Palmdale, CA 93551; for a block of rooms on April 8 and 9. The Non-Smoking King Bed Room or the Two Queen Bed Room is $100.00 plus tax (10%) for Friday or Saturday. These rooms are usually $205.00 plus tax. A made-to-order breakfast in the hotel’s Restaurant from 7:00 to 11:00am on the weekend ($13.50 plus tax) is included at no coast with a PSA room reservation. This special rate also applies to reservations for Thursday and Sunday. To reserve a room with this discount call the hotel directly: 661-998-2000, and say that you are making a reservation with the “PSA Southern CA Chapter Group Block.” The Group Block Code is “PSA.” Reservations must be made by March 26, 2022 when the Group Block unused rooms will be released for other customers. This Hilton is where the Friday Workshops and Saturday Meeting will take place.
Area Photo Opportunities:
• Vasquez Rocks: Natural Area Park is located in the town of Agua Dulce, between Santa Clarita and Palmdale. Vasquez Rocks has been used in numerous movies, TV shows, and commercials. Open from sunrise to sunset. Photos, Driving Directions.
• Devil's Punchbowl: (Angeles National Forest) south of Pearblossom Highway (CA 138) near Littlerock and Pearblossom. Open from sunrise to sunset. Photos, Driving Directions.
• Red Rock Canyon State Park: scenic desert cliffs, buttes, & spectacular rock formations. Open sunrise to sunset. Photos, Driving Directions.
• Antelope Valley Indian Museum: State Historic Park; 15701 East Avenue M (between East 150th & 170th Streets), Lancaster, CA 93535; open Saturday & Sunday, 11:00am to 4:00pm; Adult Admission $3; Photo Gallery; Driving Directions.
• Saint Andrew's Abbey: Benedictine Monastery, Valyermo, CA; Handmade Ceramics Showroom open 10-11:30am and 1:30-4pm, Monday through Friday; Direct Line 888-454-5411 or 661-350-4805; Gallery; Driving Directions.
Older NewsCopyright © - Southern California Roundup Chapter of PSA - All rights reserved Webmaster
All copyrights in all posted images accessible through this website remain vested with the original makers (authors) of the images. All use, copying, reproducing, or republishing in any form without permission of the maker is prohibited.
PSA Southern California Chapter
EDUCATING AND CONNECTING PEOPLE THROUGH PHOTOGRAPHY
2022 Photography Event – Saturday, April 9, 2022