Older NewsCopyright © - Southern California Roundup Chapter of PSA - All rights reserved Webmaster
All copyrights in all posted images accessible through this website remain vested with the original makers (authors) of the images. All use, copying, reproducing, or republishing in any form without permission of the maker is prohibited.
2022 Photography Event – Saturday, April 9, 2022
Southern California Roundup Chapter of PSA
EDUCATING AND CONNECTING PEOPLE THROUGH PHOTOGRAPHY
Workshop: On Friday, April 8 Event registrants will be able to participate in two hands-on Workshops at the Hilton Garden Inn-Palmdale:
• A morning "Macro" Workshop with Kathy Newman; 8:30am to 11:00am; minimum 4, maximum 20; $20 paid with Event Registration.
• An afternoon “Creativity with Topaz” Workshop with Hazel Meredith; 1pm to 5pm; maximum 20; $79.00 (usually $129.00); Workshop full, email Hazel@meredithimages.com for Waiting List. • Attendees cannot take Photo Walks scheduled at the same time.
• Lunch: Lunch will be from 12 noon to 1:30pm. Participants can walk out the front door of the Hilton across a driveway to Fresco II where a
menu of Deli sandwiches, salads, pizza, and pasta is available for purchase. There is also an “All You Can Eat” gourmet soup, salad, & homemade bread special for $12. The Hilton does not serve lunch and food cannot be brought into the Meeting Room.
Hilton Garden Inn virtual tour, 1309 W. Rancho Vista Blvd, Palmdale, California, 93551; (661) 998-2000;
Photo Walks: Must sign-up for photo walks when registering for the 2022 Event: PSA Indemnity Form
Friday, April 9
• Antelope Valley Poppy Fields: Check-in 8:15am, 8:30-11:30am or longer; two cars, four/car, drivers determine return time; Photo Gallery.
Sunday, April 10 • Randsburg Living Ghost Town; Randsburg, CA; Francois Swart: Parking: Free; Admission: Free; Opens 9:00am, Closes 5:00pm; no Registration or Indemnity Form required; Photo Gallery; Driving Directions, 1 hour 10 minutes, 75 miles.
Saturday Evening Get-Together:
• Arrangements have been made for a private room at Fresco II, 1311 N. Rancho Vista Blvd., Palmdale, CA beginning at 5:15pm on Saturday,
April 9, for our group to get-together to socialize and enjoy a beverage, appetizer, or dinner. Everyone pays for their own food. This restaurant is a short walk out the front door of the Hilton Garden Inn across a driveway to Fresco II. Menu - Photos of Fresco II
• Arrangements have been made with the Hilton Garden Inn-Palmdale, 1309 West Rancho Vista Blvd., Palmdale, CA 93551; for a block of rooms on April 8 and 9. The Non-Smoking King Bed Room or the Two Queen Bed Room is $100.00 plus tax (10%) for Friday or Saturday. These rooms are usually $205.00 plus tax. A made-to-order breakfast in the hotel’s Restaurant from 7:00 to 11:00am on the weekend ($12 plus tax) is included at no coast with a PSA room reservation. This special rate also applies to reservations for Thursday and Sunday. To reserve a room with this discount call the hotel directly: 661-998-2000, and say that you are making a reservation with the “PSA Southern CA Chapter Group Block.” The Group Block Code is “PSA.” Reservations must be made by March 26, 2022 when the Group Block unused rooms will be released for other customers. This Hilton is where the Friday Workshops and Saturday Meeting will take place.
Area Photo Opportunities:
• Vasquez Rocks: Natural Area Park is located in the town of Agua Dulce, between Santa Clarita and Palmdale. Vasquez Rocks has been used in numerous movies, TV shows, and commercials. Open from sunrise to sunset. Photos, Driving Directions.
• Devil's Punchbowl: (Angeles National Forest) south of Pearblossom Highway (CA 138) near Littlerock and Pearblossom. Open from sunrise to sunset. Photos, Driving Directions.
• Red Rock Canyon State Park: scenic desert cliffs, buttes, & spectacular rock formations. Open sunrise to sunset. Photos, Driving Directions.
• Antelope Valley Indian Museum: State Historic Park; 15701 East Avenue M (between East 150th & 170th Streets), Lancaster, CA 93535; open Saturday & Sunday, 11:00am to 4:00pm; Adult Admission $3; Photo Gallery; Driving Directions.
• Saint Andrew's Abbey: Benedictine Monastery, Valyermo, CA; Handmade Ceramics Showroom open 10-11:30am and 1:30-4pm, Monday through Friday; Direct Line 888-454-5411 or 661-350-4805; Gallery; Driving Directions.